VICE PRESIDENT - FINANCE
Executive Member – Report to President
• Keep Theatre Aurora accounts, books and payments up-to-date
• Oversee production finances
• Appoint, Oversee & Assist the Sales Director and FOH Director
• Responsible for providing an activities report at each Board meeting and is required to be guided by Board decisions
• Shall be a signing officer in all financial transactions, such transactions will be authorized by the Board to the extent that they are included in the detailed budgets for each slated production and the detailed annual operating budget.
• The VP Finance shall give an outline of the current financial position to the board quarterly.
• Shall present a expenditure/revenue sheet for each production and present it to the board
• Shall cause all revenues of Theatre Aurora to be deposited to its bank accounts, shall keep a record of all receipts and expenditures, shall cause to be prepared a balance sheet for each Theatre Aurora activity, shall present a financial statement to the auditors approved by the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
• Is responsible for controlling the authority and reporting of the bank accounts and their activity.
• Prepares year-end financial statements.
• Provides information to the Auditor who completes a review of the financial statements.
• Receives production revenues from the Box Office Clerk on a regular basis. Immediately following the close of the production, the Box Office Clerk provides the VP Finance with a box office report (includes breakdown of ticket sales by type, percentage of seats sold.
• Two weeks after the close of the production, the Producer provides the VP Finance with the production expenses. The VP Finance summarizes the results and reviews with the Board of Directors at the subsequent board meeting.
• The VP Finance must be organized and have administrative and financial skills.