Board Member – Report to VP Operations
• Maintain all Theatre Aurora technical equipment in good working order
• Appoint/Hire Wardrobe/Props Coordinator and Rental Tech Coordinator
• Garner interest for operators and train operators in lighting and sound
• Responsible for providing an activities report at each Board meeting and is required to be guided by Board decisions.
• Shall act as a resource to lighting/sound designers and operators.
• Shall develop a plan to increase the technical capacity of the theatre to allow the company more scope in lighting/sound designs.
• Shall develop and maintain policies and procedures for the management of technical resources.
• Provide advice and assistance to producers and technical crew for each production for lights, sound and projections as required.
• Provides technical information as requested to producers and technical crew for specific features for each production.
• Provides/arranges training, including providing direction and linkages to the artistic development plan.
• Provides input into workshops and seminars required to increase the knowledge and capacity of technical crews.
• Participates in developing specific training opportunities.
• Develops a technical plan for the management of the technical resources of the theatre.
• Develops resource material such as books and other reference material for the company.