Board Member – Report to VP Productions
• Promote & Sell Subscriptions/Tickets for Theatre Aurora Productions
• Create strategy for digital, print and media marketing
• Work with the Resident Artist and Photographer to create promotional material
• Responsible for providing an activities report at each Board meeting and is required to be guided by Board decisions.
• Responsible for publicity and media contact.
• Will act as liaison with other Community Theatre groups for shared marketing ventures.
• Create a media release for season announcement.
• Create 2 media releases for each production: Auditions and Performances.
• All media releases are to be circulated to Theatre Aurora media contacts including, but not limited to: The Auroran, The Banner, Snaped, The Month Ahead, Rogers Cable, Roger’s Daytime, City-TV, 88.5 The Jewel, etc.
• Create the annual Theatre Aurora Playbill for Subscription Sales.
• Distribute the Theatre Aurora Playbill to senior homes/centres in the area.
• Distribution of all posters and postcards in relation to a specific production to partners including, but not limited to: Aurora Public Library, Aurora Cultural Centre, Aurora Historical Society, The Town of Aurora, The Aurora Farmer’s Market, 4 Aurora High Schools, etc.
• Strategically distribute postcards through Canada Post to Aurora residents.
• Coordinate the creation of show posters.
• Coordinate show advertising in local media in accordance to show budgets.
• Support local community groups through donations of tickets/subscriptions to various fundraising events.
• Coordinate participation in the Aurora Culture Days.
• Coordinate participation the Annual Aurora Street Festival.
• Attend meetings for the Aurora Cultural Roundtable.
• Word Processing/Computer Skills Required. Excellent writing and communication skills would be of great benefit.