FRONT OF HOUSE DIRECTOR
Board Member – Reports to VP Finance
• Stock and operate the Theatre Aurora front of house
• Promote & Sell Subscriptions/Tickets for Theatre Aurora Productions
• Schedule FOH Volunteers for each calendar date of function
Responsibilities / Authorities:
• Responsible for providing an activities report at each Board meeting and is required to be guided by Board decisions.
• Responsible for staffing front of house for production or rental performances (as required).
• Shall ensure that sufficient stock is available for sale.
• Maintain the Liquor License of Theatre Aurora.
• Front of House is responsible for contacting the membership to obtain three members to manage front of house for each performance at Theatre Aurora.
• Shall arrange for one of the volunteers to have Smart Serve Certification for the sales of wine and beer.
• Front of House is responsible for purchasing supplies for front of house for all performances.
• Front of House is responsible for cleaning and defrosting the refrigerator and freezer twice per year (June and December).
• Front of House is responsible for cleaning the kitchen and bar area.
• Front of House is responsible for posting a listing of front of house staff (date, name and telephone number) prior to the opening night performance of the production and is responsible for making reminder telephone calls to staff.
• Arrange for one individual to be in charge of the cash box for the evening to reconcile opening and closing balances.
• Shall maintain relevant and timely notices from other groups and partners in the lobby area.
Skill / Experience Preferred:
• Must have Smart Serve certification (or be willing to become certified).
• Friendly, pleasant manner to greet all patrons and members.